What you can treat a sprain?
Every person who cares about their health should know how to treat a sprain. Under the sprains involve a partial tear or a complete rupture of the ligaments as the result of injury to the ligaments of the joints. Due to injury may suffer as a bunch more. As practice shows, often suffer from elbow and ankle ligament. Much less, doctors have to deal with the damage of knee ligaments.
A ligament is a dense accumulation of connective tissue, strengthening the joints. Ligaments has a large number of blood vessels and nerves. For this reason, immediately after stretching the victim causes severe pain.
The treatment of this unpleasant phenomenon depends on the degree of stretching. Doctors distinguish 3 degrees of sprain. 1 the degree of the disease the most common, its treatment is usually performed over 1-2 weeks. Heavier is considered to be 2 degrees of stretch. In this case, recover from the trauma only after 3-6 weeks. Treatment 3rd degree will be required to spend more than 6 weeks. In most cases surgical intervention is necessary.
First aid for sprain
When you sprain the victim should give first aid. There are certain rules which must necessarily adhere to, in order not to aggravate the situation.
- First and foremost, the damaged ligament must be protected against movement and all sorts of loads.
The damaged joint should be at rest for at least 48 - 72 hours after injury. A very long time to keep the joint at rest should not be too - this can cause muscular dystrophy and reduce their mobility. Increase the load on the damaged part of the body is necessary only in case if it does not produce pain.
- Experts recommend that immediately after the injury apply to the affected place ice wrapped in a towel.
Cold compresses help to reduce pain, prevent swelling and reduce inflammation. When you sprain, ice should be applied every 2-3 hours. This procedure should be carried out for several days. In any case can not be applied to the affected area the ice without towels. This can lead to the cold burns that significantly exacerbate the situation.
- Damaged joint you must try to keep in the most exalted position. This will helpto improve venous return, reduce pain and reduce the swelling.
- Currently, there are special orthopedic bandages which are used during the stretching of muscles and ligaments. Such dressings are called calipers. In pharmacies you can find the calipers for each joint. This tool helps the ligaments to recover in a very short time.
- After the swelling goes down, you can start to do the bath with warm water.
- If the pain is too strong, it is possible to take pain medication.
Immediately after the injury, you must consult a doctor. There is always the risk that the ruptured ligaments.
Treatment pharmacy drugs
To treat this unpleasant phenomenon is in most cases prescribed medication. Primarily assigned to NSAIDs. Popular: Ketanov, Ibuprofen and Diclofenac. Doctors warn that these drugs should not take more than 1 week because they can cause side effects such as duodenal ulcer and stomach.
Doctors also can be prescribed ointments and creams for topical application, which are the above medicines. However, their effectiveness is not so high.
To relieve severe pain syndrome may be prescribed injections of opioid analgesics.
Home remedies for sprains
To cope with the above phenomenon with the help of popular recipes that have long established themselves with a good hand.
- 1 large potato should peel and grate on a fine grater. The resulting slurry should be applied to the affected area for 40-60 minutes. To use such an application it is necessary 2-3 times a day.
- A few aloe leaves must be crushed and applied to the injured ligaments. The damaged area of the body should be bandaged. As soon as the mixture heats up, it should be replaced.
- At home you can prepare a poultice of raw leaves of elderberry. To the affected joint should be made with a few leaves of the plant. It should be noted that these packs are not help from a dislocation of the ligaments. In this case you should immediately seek help from a doctor.
- 1 spoon of chopped onion needs to be spread out on a clean piece of cloth. Onion, sprinkle with a small amount of sugar, then applied the bandage to the damaged areas.
- To cope with the unpleasant symptoms will help a mixture of 1tablespoons grated raw potatoes, 1 chopped cabbage and the same amount of chopped onion and sugar. All the ingredients must be thoroughly mixed. The resulting slurry should be mixed with pre-diluted in a milk chemist's clay. The prepared mixture is applied on infected areas and leave overnight.
- Juice on 1 lemon should be mixed with a crushed clove of garlic. The mixture is moistened folded in several layers of gauze bandage, which must be kept on a sick place to until its temperature reaches body temperature. After that, the old pack should be replaced.
- A very effective remedy for sprains - packs of 2 heads of garlic, filled with 100 ml of vodka and 500 ml of Apple cider vinegar. The resulting consistency is necessary to insist in a dark place for 2 weeks. All this time means it is necessary every 2 days to shake. Ready infusion should be filtered and mixed with 15 drops of eucalyptus oil. The received means it is necessary to moisten a gauze bandage and apply it for 1 hour on the injured ligament.
- For sprains can help a mixture of 1 Cup flour, salt and the same amount of clean water. The dough should wrap around the sore spot and wrap a warm cloth. Once the dough hardens, the bandage must be removed. After a few such procedures, the pain will go away.
- Effective is a decoction of barberry. Preparing it is very easy: 1 tablespoon of crushed flowers, leaves and bark of barberry, pour 1 Cup boiling water. The resulting consistency should be cooking on medium heat for no more than 30 minutes. This medicine should be taken orally for 1 tablespoon three times a day. Already after a fairly short period of time the unpleasant symptoms will take place.
How to avoid sprains
To avoid sprains, you can, if you follow some important rules:
- Sports you need special clothes.
- Women should abandon the excessive wearing of high heel shoes.
- It is necessary to monitor their weight. Excess weight may cause increased stress on the joints.
- To strengthen the muscles and ligaments you must do special exercises.
To treat a sprain should be under the supervision of doctors. This will help to avoid many complications. You should also very carefully consider the choice of folk remedy for this unpleasant phenomenon. Even the most effective means may cause allergic reactions.
Not less carefully you need to choose pills and other medicines for the treatment of stretching. For example, uncontrolled reception of antibiotics can be verya negative effect on the internal organs.