Features heel injury
Bruised heel - a fairly common injury that can deliver a person a lot of discomfort. This injury can be obtained in different ways, for example, after jumping from a great height. The most common injury of this area of the body face unruly kids, athletes and young men who lead an active lifestyle. But this does not mean that a simple office worker can't get a bruised heel. For example, with this unpleasant phenomenon often face women who love to wear high heel
Symptoms of heel injury
Immediately after injury heel ache. Pain can be strong or, conversely, negligible. It all depends on how hard the kick was. If the heel hurts very much, you should urgently seek help from a professional. There is a risk of fracture of the foot. Because of pain syndrome person cannot step on the injured leg that will be visually seen in the form of lameness.
Immediately after this on the affected area of the body swelling appears. Do not be afraid, as this is quite a normal reaction to injury. This swelling further increases the feeling of pain and is the reason that the patient cannot wear the usual shoes.
When this injury occurs, the trauma taking place in this area of blood vessels, the blood of which immediately begins to permeate the subcutaneous fat and muscle layer. As a result, on the skin begins to appear a bruise, indicating injury. It should be noted that the size of the bruise it is impossible to determine what force was a shot. For example, elderly people bruise much more extensive than younger people. This is due to the fragile vascular system of the elderly.
It should be noted that initially, the bruise is purple. Over time, the injury begins to acquire a yellow-green color. The more time that has passed since the injury, so yellow becomes the site of injury.
If heel injury combined with a fracture, the symptoms will be slightly different. First, as mentioned above, pain will be much stronger. Second, if there is a fracture, the injured person cannot step on the injured leg.
What is first aid?
If, after jumping, the heel is starting to hurt, the doctors recommend to follow a few important rules that will help to improve the condition.
- First and foremost, it is necessary to limit the load on the leg. It is desirable to go onthe bed and the foot to hang freely.
- Next to the damaged areas of the skin need to ice that. A cold compress will help reduce pain and swelling.
- In any case, it is impossible to bandage an injured leg. There is always a risk that a bruised heel is accompanied by a fracture. If at this point the leg bandage, the bone fragments may be displaced, which greatly exacerbate the situation.
- If the injury causes a strong pain, you can take painkillers. Very popular Nurofen and Aspirin.
- It is necessary to seek help from doctors.
Unpleasant symptoms from the heel injury can be treated with the help of a large number of drugs. The doctors suggest on the second day to use heat compresses. Such procedures contribute to the rapid resorption of blood that gets to tissue. Heat compresses also relieve pain. The solution for compresses should add Heparin, Traumeel, Ibuprofen. These funds can be combined with Dimexidum. It promotes more efficient delivery of drugs to damaged tissue.
For removing the swelling, you can use these effective ointments like Troxevasin and Lioton.
These funds must be applied to dry the foot without the use of a bandage. To carry out such procedures, 2 times per day.
Doctors can be appointed physiotherapy.
- Magnetic therapy - this procedure helps speed up the healing process of soft tissues. During magnetic therapy on the affected areas of the skin affected with the magnetic field.
- Ultrasound therapy - after this procedure, bruise of the heel is much faster. Ultrasound therapy promotes rapid resorption of the hematoma and reduce swelling.
- Honores - this procedure is very similar to ultrasound therapy. The only difference is that before fonoforeza on the heel is applied to a special medical tool which enhances the influence of ultrasound.
Treatment of heel injury can be carried out with the help of effective folk remedies. For their preparation does not require cost a lot of time, effort and ingredients.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil must be mixed with 2 spoons of vinegar and the same quantity of boiled water.
Should form a smooth consistency. The mixture should be wetted gauze bandage to attach it to the heel bone, cover with cellophane and wrap up warmscarf.
- At home you can use the alcohol camphor.
This means you must wipe the heels. The alcohol camphor relieves inflammation and has warming effect.
- Few people know, but to treat a bruised heel, you can use the cabbage leaf.
It should be knead in hand until the juice. The resulting slurry should be applied on the affected area and wrap a cotton cloth. These packs are better to do later in the evening.
- To deal with the above problem by using oak bark.
A bit of oak bark should chop and pour 1 Cup of boiling water. The tool must be infused over 2-3 hours. Thereafter, the resulting liquid should be added to the water for foot baths.
- To treat a bruised heel can grass concoctions.
This plant prevents the formation of swelling and bruising. The grass concoctions must grind. 2 tablespoons of the mixture should pour 150 ml of boiling water. Should be a mushy consistency. It should be used for compresses.
- You can cook small amounts of beans.
Next, the beans should be mashed and applying the resulting slurry to the affected area. As practice shows, after 5-6 of these procedures, the pain syndrome disappears.
- Treatment of heel injury at home can be done using a very effective means from the aloe leaf and sand.
100 grams of leaves of this plant should be mixed with 200 grams of sand. The resulting mixture should be set aside in a dark place for 3 days. Thereafter the mass is to overcome and to lubricate the foot. This procedure should be carried out not more than 3 times a day.
- No less popular is the infusion of Linden.
2 tablespoons lime leaves, pour 250 ml of boiling water. The liquid needs to steep at least 30 minutes. The resulting texture is used for grinding. To apply the means necessary to the complete disappearance of the bruise.
At home you can use an ordinary vodka. A small piece of clean gauze bandage should be moistened in vodka and applied to the patient heel. To the vodka quickly evaporates, the dressing should be covered with a plastic bag. A similar procedure should be carried out at least twice a day until complete disappearance of pain.
Experts warn that when injury foot heel should immediately consult the professionals. This will help to avoid many complications. It is often under ordinary at first glance, the injury is hiding a fracture. Also you should be very careful approach to the treatment of injuries of folk remedies. Quite often even the most effective homemade recipes cause allergicresponse. Sometimes to get rid of allergies is much harder than from the injury.