What is a callus?
After breaking in the place already overgrown bone may appear callus. This unpleasant phenomenon can be attributed to the fact that the process of healing of fractures in humans is individual. For example, the rate of regeneration is affected by age of the patient. In children such fractures heal just a few weeks, and in adults for several months. In addition, this process affects the location of the bone fragments and the condition of the patient.
What bone was broken, depend on the terms of callus formation.
- Callus after rhinoplasty. It should be noted that this pathology after surgery on the nose is a very common and appears, as a rule, not later than 1-1,5 months.
- Damage to the clavicle. The above education after such injury occurs within 1.5-2 months. Most often it shall, but only if the pathology is not excessive.
- Fracture of the toes. Doctors warn that in this case, a blister can be formed not only on the toes, but in the space between them. When such injury is characterized by the appearance of blisters within 1-1,5 months. In this case, doctors strongly suggest to wear only comfortable shoes that will not injure corn.
- A rib fracture. The formation of callus on the injured ribs going on for quite a long time. This process usually requires at least 3-4 months. Resolves this pathology is approximately 12 months after its formation. The first month after formation of such blisters, the patient experiences discomfort and quite strong pain.
- Fracture of the heel. A blister is formed within 2-3 months.
Though calluses are not dangerous illnesses but to treat them is necessary.
Otherwise they can cause permanent pain and serious complications.
The process of forming
The formation of callus takes place in several stages:
- During the first 7 days after injury, the formation of provisional callus.
- Then the doctors diagnosed the formation of osteoid tissue, which soon becomes bone.
- Next, there is the cartilaginous callus.
- In the final stage. Cartilage thicken and form a callus.
Callus after fracture consists of the periosteum and industy. X-rays showed such abnormality is a small shade, which is not always immediately noticed. It all depends on its size.
Varieties of ailment
- Parietalnacorn. It is called outer. Appears from the periosteum. Such education is perfectly supplied with blood, and quite quickly recovered. If it is not contaminated by any stimuli, very soon parietalna corn turns into bone. That is why it is so important to bone fragments are densely located in the tissues and were treated by immobilization of the bones.
- Endotelina corn. Domestic corn. It develops parallel to the outer, but much slower. With the proliferation of endosteal callus may be some thickening directly at the fracture site. This thickening does not go unnoticed on protruding bones. This phenomenon is often seen after distal radius fracture.
- InterMedia corn. This type of corn is formed between the internal and external education, right between atomtime bones. If fragments are adjacent very close to each other, the x-ray, this corn is completely invisible.
- Parassala corn. Arises from soft tissues, which are located near the fracture. Such education can very easily break even under light loads. Parassala corn can grow. The evidence of proliferation is quite bright and can't be overlooked: a large tumor, which subsides within one month, discomfort when moving the affected bone and sense pain.
It should be noted that it is proscaline calluses often have to fight the professionals, even after complete healing of the fracture. Under ideal healing process of such education is resorbed by the osteoclasts in a relatively short period of time. But often there are cases when this process takes several months and even years. Often large proscaline education appear around bones, at least - around sponge. Doctors point out that the most easy and fast regeneration of the flat bones.
Proper treatment of the disease
Whatever the causes of excessive callus formation in cases where it brings a lot of discomfort, you should immediately seek help from a doctor. It should be noted that quite often such education is not seen by the patient. The patient asks for help, as a rule, only in those cases where callus formed in inconvenient places or motor nodes (clavicle, heel). In these cases this pathology brings a sense of discomfort. Also mandatory intervention requires a callus that appears after rhinoplasty.
Doctors can remove such education through surgery. It should be noted thatthis procedure is an extreme measure and is carried out only when the patient has unpleasant symptoms such as strong pain, discomfort, swelling and increased temperature in the region of injury.
Callus itself is a kind of inflammatory process, so in response to its removal quite often there is a secondary inflammation, which can be very dangerous for the patient. For this reason, today doctors are trying to cope with this by using an alternative treatment that does not involve surgical intervention.
This pathology can be treated with physiotherapy. It is very important that at the time of treatment, the patient was in a relaxed atmosphere. It is necessary to exclude strong physical stress, hypothermia and overheating.
Physiotherapy treatment of callus involves the exposure of the affected areas of the body warm or other physical factors. Currently very popular are physiotherapy treatments as electrophoresis and magnetotherapy. These procedures contribute to the rapid regeneration of bone tissue.
Treatment of folk remedies
Treatment of calluses can be carried out with the help of popular recipes that have proven themselves with a good hand.
- Warm baths. In warm water, add a bit of baking soda, Apple cider vinegar, and the decoction of chamomile. In such a bath it is necessary to keep the feet or hands with bone calluses. Already after a fairly short period of time education will be softened, and the feeling of discomfort will disappear.
- To cope with the unpleasant symptoms will help aloe. You need to take a large aloe leaf, cut it in half and applying the fleshy side to the affected area of the body. Secure the piece using plaster. To remove this compress it is necessary only in the morning.
- If callus appeared on the toes, to treat your foot, you can use the bath with soda. In 2 liters of room temperature water, you must add 2 tablespoons of baking soda. The resulting liquid should be poured into a basin in which to keep the feet for at least 15 minutes. After that, they should thoroughly dry and lubricate the skin greasy cream. Such a procedure will have to be repeated several times a week until the complete disappearance of unpleasant education.
Before deciding on home treatment of calluses, you should consult with your doctor. This will help to avoid many complications.