Subluxation of the tailbone: symptoms and treatment
If there is a subluxation of the coccyx, treatment it is not very nice, especially if it shifts to the articular surface in the sacroiliac joint. In this state it is impossible to move independently, even sitting on a chair the person feels pain. Pain in the injury are so pronounced that the victim will go to the doctor. Pain in the coccyx does not occur spontaneously, most often this injury can be obtained in the fall. How to distinguish lower back injury from subluxation of the coccyx? What measures should be taken in the first place after the injury? What treatment should pass to the patient to avoid complications?
The main causes of subluxation
In sacrococcygeal joint, when subluxation occurs the displacement of the vertebrae. The details are as follows: the spine ends in the lumbar spine, where the tailbone connects with the cross joint. Compounds formed from cartilaginous tissue and hold sacrococcygeal ligament on both sides. People can get injured Sacro-lumbar and the coccyx:
- if you fall on your back;
- upon impact with a blunt object;
- at birth (when a large fetus or a special anatomy of a woman);
- when driving on a bumpy road due to the shake;
- in sports or when intense exercise;
- atrophy or weakness of muscle tissue of the lower back;
- the weakness of the knee.
Especially tailbone injury characteristic for children due to bad drops when playing sports, dancing or because of their mobility. With regard to older people, the injury of the coccyx associated with aging and weakening of muscles and joints. In rare cases, a subluxation can occur suddenly, and his klassificeret as idiopathic. According to statistics, these States are observed in 8-10% of patients. These forms of injury occur as a result of cancer etiology of cancer or other related diseases of the musculoskeletal system of the human body.
Pain in injuries of the lumbosacral region are not too different in intensity. In particular, when the subluxation are the following symptoms:
- With pressure on the coccyx the patient feels severe pain.
- Sudden pain that is localized in the coccyx. The intensity of the pain depends on the pain threshold. Each person it's different. The pain can givein the area of groin and perianal part. When the victim may feel when sitting the pain is more intense, especially when trying to get to his feet. In the supine position or when walking the pain subside. But such a situation occurs later. Immediately after injury, the pain retains its intensity at all locations of the body. When subluxation of the coccyx the patient feels pain when urinating. Muscles tense, especially with constipation.
- In the area of injury you can see the bruising and swelling of the skin. Although such skin changes characteristic of injuries or fractures of the tailbone. These external symptoms of injury, but for diagnosis you need to pass additional examinations.
Diagnosis of subluxation of the coccyx
Injury to the sacral region of the spine is diagnosed by specialists - the doctor-the traumatologist and orthopedic surgeon. For confirmation of diagnosis survey the rectal method. This is quite an old method, but it allows you to determine the localization of injury on the coccyx by the characteristic sensations of crunching or pain intensity.
During the examination the doctor determines the level of the offset joints at the junction of the coccyx and sacrum by introducing the finger into the rectum. Additionally, the patient must undergo an x-ray sacrococcygeal part of the spine. If the clinical picture is not entirely clear, then performed MRI and CT. All symptoms and research klassificeret and diagnosed. In this context, consider:
- complaints of the patient to pain and characteristics of such pain;
- causes of injury (history of the disease);
- external signs of the disease: swelling around the injury, hematoma in the region of the coccyx;
- displacement of articular joints of the coccyx and tension muscle tissue in the location of the pain, which is determined by rectal examination;
- readings of x-rays in two projections.
These facts allow us to determine the presence of subluxation of the coccyx and prescribe treatment.
The treatment of subluxation of the coccyx
Injury of lumbosacral in the coccyx treated by the conservative method. The patient need to be in hospital. This injury is treated on an outpatient basis. For this purpose:
- reduction of dislocation;
- gentle treatment for coccyx;
- the use of anti-inflammatory drugs and pain relief;
- physiotherapy in exercise therapy.
Correction injuries performed under local anesthesia. To do this, use novocaine blockade around the coccyx. During the procedure the patient lies on the stomach. The doctoruse the rectal method, and sets the inside and outside of the breach between the articular surfaces. After this procedure the patient must comply with bed rest for two weeks. It is advisable to sit less. After this time use a special orthopedic pillow. Recovery of the victim after the injury is 1-2 months.
After reduction of pain persists. This is the norm for this state. Therefore, doctors mandatory prescribed painkillers. In the pharmaceutical market has a huge number of analgesic drugs. The use of a particular drug is associated with side effects and individual intolerance. Generic drugs in these types of injuries are considered to be injectable and tablet medication: diclofenac, nimesil, Movalis, ketorol. For pregnant women and children are used sparing drugs: ibuprofen, anesteziologie candles, papaverine and no-Spa.
To prevent constipation use light laxatives and glycerin suppositories. During the treatment the patient should avoid heavy saturated fats, which complicates the digestion and cause constipation. Recommended diet rich in fiber.
As physiotherapeutic procedures used electrophoresis with aminophylline and Novocain, magnetic and laser therapy. Complex methods of treatment and prevention can accelerate the recovery and gradually recover the function of the seat. If it is an open injury, performed surgery. In difficult cases, when functionally restore the coccyx is impossible, shown resection.
Complications of the disease
Spinal injury is fraught with complications. Even with a lung injury you should seek medical assistance. Strongly recommended self-treatment. Even observing bed rest and applying the above preparations, you will not be able to restore the connection joints. In medical practice, note the following complications of the disease as a result of poor treatment:
- the development of chronic coccygodynia coccyx;
- changes in the structure of the coccyx and the disruption of the normal functioning;
- sluggish pain in the coccyx;
- reduced work capacity of the patient.
The effects of a tailbone injury is quite treatable. In medicine developed reliable and effective methods of treatment.
Only timely treatment to the doctor, not self-medication, to help cope with the disease.
Effective medicalthe intervention will allow a patient to quickly recover and avoid possible complications.